Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Has anyone tried goats milk for runny nose/infections?

(3 Posts)
sparkleshine Tue 26-Jul-11 23:29:25

Hi

My ds (19 months) has had repeated ear infections and a almost constant runny nose for a year now. He's had antibiotics numerous times, even a 3 month course once.

He is under ENT and we go back in 2 months. They said it could be either an allergy/intolerance or his adenoids, but reluctant to do any surgery under 2 yrs old, although he might look up his nose for investigation.

A friend of a friend said she swapped cows milk to goats milk and it worked for her dd's runny nose. My mum said she gave it to me for a skin complaint when I was a baby and it helped.

Just wondered if anyone else tried it, or shoud I try soya milk as well? Should I maybe ask GP again if he can do an allergy test? Not sure what this involves though

What else can I try to help my ds? It's been so frustrating for us both and such a shame when he struggles to breathe clearly at night.

ashamedandconfused Wed 27-Jul-11 19:15:06

My dad, SIL and a friend of DH all have switched to goats milk to reduce levels of nasal mucus and unexplained chesty cough - dad in his 50s the others in their 30s - its very common. DD was intolerant to milk as a toddler, and her thick snotty colds disappeared when we went dairy free!

nightcat Thu 28-Jul-11 18:30:28

I'd try no dairy or dairy-light and use goats' if you really need to have dairy (ie don't load her like-for-like as I think what works is decreasing dairy - which is known to encourage mucus-production).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now