Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox on DDs labia

(7 Posts)
sunchild77 Tue 26-Jul-11 11:52:45

what can I put on it? Put some aquaeous calamine on, but no effect whatsoever.
She says its itchy and sore, its right inside sad
I've given piriton, but at a loss as to what else I can do..

cheekeymonkey Tue 26-Jul-11 11:57:34

I found that bathing DD in a luke warm bath with a couple of tablespoons of bicarb of soda did the trick as the alkaline neutralises the acid that itches and burns.
Passed this onto a friend and it helped her DD too and they also slept better.
Worth a try?

WhereTheWildThingsWere Tue 26-Jul-11 11:59:49

Both dd and I have had this <shudder>

Just let her sit in baths with bicarb in for as much as the day as possible.

Both dd and ds had it terribly two summers ago, using lots of extensions I rigged up the tv in the bathroom and we just watched dvds all day, through the two worst days they even had meals in the bath!

sunchild77 Tue 26-Jul-11 12:02:36

Running a bath now...

Thanks.. I really hope it helps quickly... sad

bruffin Tue 26-Jul-11 12:11:45

if you have any porridge oats, put them in a mesh material (tights will do) then soak in warm water and scrape the paste that forms through the mesh and use that on the spots. You can also put the porridge oats in the bath but thats a lot messier. Its good on itchy eczema as well

silverfrog Tue 26-Jul-11 12:15:23

was about to suggest oats too.

you can always run the bath through the tights/socks, so as not to make porridge in the bath grin

really soothing.

cheekeymonkey Tue 26-Jul-11 14:08:40

Also forgot to mention Eurax is an excellent anti-itch cream

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: