Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Thread 1 of 2 of a paranoid parent - hacking cough

(4 Posts)
sootytotherescue Mon 25-Jul-11 18:35:46

DD (3yo) has had a really hacking (for want of a better word) for over three weeks now, she's only vomited once with it, but it's causing her to retch and bring up a lot of wind. She's also complaining of a pain in her ribs at the front, I think this is muscular due to all the coughing.

I've taken her to the gp and she's had her chest checked twice and it's fine, they can't find anything physically wrong but it's gone on so long I'm now getting a bit paranoid. Any advice would be appreciated.

Atwaroverscrabble Tue 26-Jul-11 09:40:30

I would suggest you try a vapuriser or humidifier in her room at night along with some water to sip as a dry throat can irritate and cause you to cough, perhaps also switch to non dairy or goats milk for a few weeks to see if it helps but it may just be a habit thing or an attention thing now too....

sootytotherescue Tue 26-Jul-11 12:04:40

Atwaroverscrabble - thanks for the advice, I'll try a humidifier I think. Don't think its a behavioural thing as it upsets her quite a bit. Is the cows milk linked to allergies?

Atwaroverscrabble Tue 26-Jul-11 14:33:27

It just seems to produce more mucus in some... I'm asthmatic and find it clears my chest if i avoid dairy but i love milk so i try and drink goats milk as its milder and easier to digest and tastes better than soya milk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now