Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Asthma in 2yo. Pump advice please

(3 Posts)
SilveryMoon Sat 23-Jul-11 16:50:24

My 2yo had suspected asthma.
He spent a night in the hospital a month ago with breathing difficulties and was discharged with a blue pump and instructions for the following few days.
I was told by the gp at a follow-up appointment to use the blue pump whenever he needed it, but that if I was using it, I'd also have to collect a brown pump.
Now, I am not using the blue pump, he has been fine, but today his breathing has been a bit heavier than usual, and when he has been upset he has been making the stridor type noise, but not sure if that's down to shortness of breath or his sore throat, iyswim.
So, am I supposed to give him the inhaler when his breathing gets heavy or just if he's wheezing? confused

Sirzy Sat 23-Jul-11 19:05:27

I would give him a couple of puffs of blue inhaler. DS gets similar and the inhaler does help him.

SilveryMoon Sun 24-Jul-11 07:32:24

Thanks sirzy I did give him a few puffs to help him out.
Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now