Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best vitamin supplement?

(7 Posts)
coffeecoffeecoffee Tue 19-Jul-11 14:00:00

I'm a little concerned about DD (5) and her diet - the only fresh fruit and veg she eats are raspberries and peas. She'll eat those fruit puree pot things too, at a push.

I'd like to try her on a vitamin supplement for a few weeks to see if it has any effect - her behaviour is quite erratic and she needs a fair amount of sleep.

Does anyone have any recommendations? TIA

RidcullySentTheBursarMad Tue 19-Jul-11 14:10:17

I use the Boots Multivitamin Syrup with Omega 3 for my 2 (aged 6 and 3).

naturalbaby Tue 19-Jul-11 15:16:50

i use wellkid liquid but they get too much iron so you'll notice in the poo! i used to give them toddler milk but it gets expensive and it says up to 36months. i'm sure it's no big deal if older kids have it though.

DBennett Wed 20-Jul-11 09:43:22

You might find this special report from the NHS Behind The Headlines team helpful.

sneezecakesmum Wed 20-Jul-11 21:51:52

natural what does wellkid taste like? DGS has abidec and omega fish oils which he is fine with, but as a baby was given iron as his HB was 6.4, he loathed it, screamed, vomited etc so don't want a repeat performance. Takes most things in a syringe with a resigned look but don't want to spook him again with iron like tastes!

naturalbaby Thu 21-Jul-11 12:43:52

it's orange flavoured. my 2 love it!

sneezecakesmum Thu 21-Jul-11 18:12:11

Sounds good I will get some tomorrow, he's oK with fish oil taste (yuk) so orange will be fine!

cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now