Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DH is worried about DS (9m) - ear related

(7 Posts)
ImpyCelyn Tue 19-Jul-11 12:56:33

He keeps rubbing his ears or reaching up to them, and looks as though something is bothering him. And he's now progressed to doing that and then hitting himself on the side of the head, either just in front or just above his ears. He does seem to be doing it deliberately, and not because it's amusing him or to get a response.

DH is worried by it, and I have no idea whether it's just something he's doing or whether it's a sign that there's a problem - any thoughts please?

ChristinedePizan Tue 19-Jul-11 12:58:19

Sounds like it could be an ear infection - I would take him to the GP

ImpyCelyn Tue 19-Jul-11 13:09:26

Thanks Christine, DH might be right then. I'll make an appointment.

wolfhound Tue 19-Jul-11 13:11:16

DS2 did this. Turned out to be tonsillitis. Def go to GPn

ImpyCelyn Tue 19-Jul-11 13:23:04

Thanks wolfhound. I've booked him in for tomorrow am.

wolfhound Mon 25-Jul-11 12:56:01

how did it go, Impy? did the GP find anything?

ImpyCelyn Tue 02-Aug-11 10:17:54

Hi Wolfhound, sorry for the delay. The GP said DS had eczema in his ears so he's itching them because of that, and he told me to put moisturiser in his ears.

But we've come to France to see DH's family and despite moisturiser DS still seemed to have a problem. So we took him to see a GP here who said his eardrums are inflamed, but it's probably because he has top teeth coming through. So she suggested keep going with Calpol/neurofen and just try to stop him playing with them, and if it doesn't seem better once the teeth are through to go back and she'll have another look.

So we're just waiting it out really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now