Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Toddler with trembling hand

(6 Posts)
Jerbil Mon 18-Jul-11 21:02:18

I posted this elsewhere on this site and have had no response so just trying my luck here. Apologies to those who've read it twice.

My 2&1/2 yr old DS goes to a nursery and recently they have reported that his hand/arm and head tremble when he is eating i.e when he is holding the spoon/fork up to his mouth.

It has also been a long standing joke since he could walk that he is always falling over. He falls over more than the other children. He has now been referred to a pediatrician, but just wondered if anyone has similar experiences. His motor skills actualy seem fine as he can do jigsaws etc.

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 18-Jul-11 22:55:24

Some people are genetically more clumsy than others (there is a name for it). My DH has never been able to carry a cup and saucer without it wobbling- also the same when raising to his lips. It could be a blood flow issue?

DeWe Tue 19-Jul-11 13:31:14

I think my fil has always done that sort of thing. I remember dh commenting on it. But it may be worth investigating, I once looked at the symptoms of dyspraxia and fil did fit in reasonably well.

turCENSOREDss Tue 19-Jul-11 14:39:42

partial seizures?

Jerbil Tue 19-Jul-11 22:18:08

Did wonder about Dyspraxia too. Thnx.

pedalpants Fri 22-Jul-11 21:52:48

dystonia? my DS has this and one of the first signs was him feeding himself at around 2. more jerks than trembling though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now