Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS6 faint, tired, shaky, low blood sugar level

(3 Posts)
ituneless Mon 18-Jul-11 13:38:25

DS has had a few episodes recently where he has almost fainted, very pale, grey lips, clammy & shaky didn't last very long though. I have taken him to the doctor, urine sample for dip test and finger prick done, - no sugar in urine and blood at 3.4 - nurse said normal is between 4 and 9 so not all that low.

Just waiting to hear/or not back from Doctor whether she wants to do anything else.

Does anyone have any experience of this with their child? What could be causing the faintness ? - Could I be doing anything wrong/ could I be doing something to help him?

Very worried about him, and it doesn't sound like the Docs will do anything.

TIA

mumsiepie Mon 18-Jul-11 15:17:12

Is he standing for a long time before he almost faints. This used to happen to me as a child and teenager always in church or assembly and then later at work if I was standing listening in a group for a longish time. Also, my son almost passed out on a school trip as he was standing listening to a boring lecture!

I remember at school loads of people fainted....my kids say now nobody does in assembly etc and I think it is because they sit down for it mostly.

SixtyFootDoll Mon 18-Jul-11 15:25:25

Low iron levels? Dehydrated?
I have low blood pressure whic causes me to feel faint if my blood sugar is low.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now