Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chickenpox diagnosis, but is it really?

(4 Posts)
TheSkiingGardener Mon 18-Jul-11 09:00:08

It started with a red spotty rash in his nappy, then small red spots started appearing on his legs. We then took him to the doctors who diagnosed chickenpox.

However, since then, while he has fresh crops of spots very day, only a couple under his eyes have blistered then scabbed, he hasn't been very itchy and apart from a permanently runny nose has otherwise been fine. I'm really now not sure whether this is chickenpox or something else. And if it's something else what could it be?

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 18-Jul-11 19:18:03

My DD had exactly the same and I was curious about the diagnosis. It started on her bot and then down her legs. However having looked at it online it definitely was. The itchiness didn't come til later on. Someone recommended Poxclin mousse from Boots which was excellent.

TheSkiingGardener Mon 18-Jul-11 21:03:41

So did they not really blister and scab for you either KenDoddsDadsDog ? He's only been a bit itchy and Piriton seemed to help with that, but if he gets any itchier I'll get some Poxclin, thank you.

KenDoddsDadsDog Mon 18-Jul-11 21:21:46

No, she only had a couple out of the hundreds of spots that scabbed. She had tonnes on the back of her knees that didn't look like chicken pox at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now