Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pox, Plague, Pimples, Pustules or Paranoia??

(5 Posts)
HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sun 17-Jul-11 16:23:17

Since yesterday dd (18 months) has had a high temperature and spots. At first figured it was a viral rash but she got spottier. Figured as it's last week of term with lots of events and then we go on holiday it would be chicken pox. But they haven't got big red and chicken poxy and the appeared all over her trunk at once, rather than a cluster with one big spot, as is previous pox experience.

She now has small round red spots (not rash) on her face, arms, legs, and torso?

She is getting better and only has a very mild temperature and is eating ok. No cough, sneezes or runny nose.

What do we think? Wouls I know by now if it was the pox (we haven't knowingly contacted anyone with it) or just a bad viral rash?

I really don't want to risk spreading anything if it is the pox.

TheOriginalFAB Sun 17-Jul-11 17:15:45

Have you a photo or have you googled to try and match your child's spots with on line photos?

HoneyNorwegianRidgebackdragon Sun 17-Jul-11 17:45:39

Yup, they are all rashes. Rather than spots, nearest thing is rosela, but she has no other symptoms and she definitely has spots.. I think my main concern is making sure it's nothing that could be nasty if it was caught by some one else. I definitely don't want to to take her to the GP with something viral either.

Hence random Mnet poll as to whether anyones CP has started like this grin

MockingbirdsNotForSale Mon 18-Jul-11 18:08:28

I would take her to the doc to rule out what it could be. They won't mind.

lollystix Mon 18-Jul-11 22:27:13

Hand foot and mouth? We have that just now. Small puss filled spots on hands, feet, legs, bum and tongue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now