Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4yr old fell & bashed tooth last week, now it's wobbly

(7 Posts)
ErnesttheBavarian Fri 15-Jul-11 16:00:16

It's my dn. just turned 4. sill is now on holiday and texted me. Is there anything that can be done? Can a dentist do anything. Will it likely fall out, or by some miracle stop wobbling? Afaik, it is not discoloured. Thanks

smcleese Fri 15-Jul-11 16:14:18

My son knocked his tooth at nursery when he was 3. It came clean out. I would suspect it would fall out on it's own but call your dentist to check. If he's in no discomfort they may let it take it's course but be careful of swallowing!!

walesblackbird Fri 15-Jul-11 16:16:16

Each of mine has fallen on knocked their front teeth. When I've taken them to the dentist he's just said that as it's a baby tooth they won't do anything about it as it will be falling out soon anyway. They've each had a discoloured tooth right in the front but they've stayed intact.

ErnesttheBavarian Fri 15-Jul-11 17:04:03

my dentist in switzerland was pationate about saving the tooth in such instances. Not being a dentist I've got no idea what can be done, or if it's only swiss dentists who try? I'm n longer in Ch, sil lives in London but is out of the country anyway. she asked me for advice, but by some miracle all my 4 have survived childhood with their teeth intact, so came on here for advice. So in uk they'd just leave it to fall out, and if it does it's no big deal? It won't have negative implications for next tooth?

ErnesttheBavarian Fri 15-Jul-11 17:05:39

bloody hell, where did that come from passionate. confused

Tommy Fri 15-Jul-11 17:07:01

I would get him to a dentist - even just for s check up and some advice.
My DS3 fell over and bashed his tooth and I ignored it because my nephew had done the same thing and he was fine. Unfortunately DS3's got an infection and he had to have root canal treatment sad

Grumpystiltskin Fri 15-Jul-11 21:27:54

Root canal treatment is almost never done on baby teeth, it will either discolour or it won't, sometimes they do & then recover other times they don't. Hard to predict. Definitely see your dentist if you are worried but try not to worry too much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now