Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

molluscum spot kncoked off - help

(7 Posts)
NaomiPaula Fri 15-Jul-11 07:59:10

My daughter (3) has the dreaded molluscum! she has a few spots about 10ish on her legs and bottom, had them for about 8mths have bought silver spray and given her samboocol (sp!) to boost immune system! Wiling to try anything...there is one huge red one that looks fit to burst the rest all look like fading or maybe just beginning! she was climbing in th park on monday and fell scratched all her legs on the branches and knocked one off but it has been bleeding on and off and whenever i go near it she goes mad i'm not sure whether it is all off or if the white bit(virus) is hanging on am coverning with plasters and spraing around to try and stop from spreading but not sure if i should go to docs or just leave.......

sorry for rambling post thanks in advance x x

MeriNisipPoissons Fri 15-Jul-11 18:55:36

Doctors incase it is brewing infection.

penelopethefrog Fri 15-Jul-11 19:02:25

actually, when DS1's master mollusum came off the rest disappeared within a fortnight. Just put a bit of savlon on to make sure it's not infected.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 16-Jul-11 09:17:05

My experience has been the same as penelope. One getting knocked off seemed to spur the fight to get rid of them all and they went pretty quickly after. All 3 of them had one or twp that got infected though and we got Fucidin from the GP for them.

Marrow Sat 16-Jul-11 09:22:00

My daughter was the same. Once they start going scabby and falling off they start to disappear. Can you pull out the core with tweezers and then out some savlon on.

NaomiPaula Wed 20-Jul-11 16:37:36

well they have started to disappear!! This was a great little accident!! Two more have popped and scabbed - one large one is still bleeding but am just keeping it covered with savlon round the infected area! Fingers crossed the rest of the little buggers will now go!!
The one that was knocked off has scabbed i did not realise how much they bled!! But redness all gone looks fine!!

MeriNisipPoissons Wed 20-Jul-11 18:46:15

Fab news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now