Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Nasty burn on dd's fingers

(4 Posts)
Jux Thu 14-Jul-11 20:37:07

she burnt herself on a lightbulb, it's blistering on her ring finger first joint quite badly, and the first joint of her little finger is reddened. She did this a couple of hours ago and put it straight into water with ice in it. She has kept her fingers in cold water more or less since, but it still hurts; she says when she takes it out of the water it immediately gets hot again and hurts more.

Is there anything else we can do? She's 11, btw.

WowOoo Thu 14-Jul-11 20:38:54

Paracetamol for the pain to help her sleep.
Burns almost have to get worse before they get better.
Hope it cools down soon.

youarekidding Thu 14-Jul-11 20:50:46

Yes lots of ice/ cold water and pain killers.

Advice I was given when I burnt my hand was if the blister becomes bigger than a 50p piece then you need to seek DR advice. (a&e/walk in/ minor injuries).

Mine was bad scald with some burning and when skin dried and peeled I used sudocrem which you may want to investigate as an option? Also just as advice keep it away from anything hot (bath etc) for a few days as the skin will burn easily again which I learnt the hard way found out.

Jux Thu 14-Jul-11 22:06:25

Luckily it's not as big as that. She has fallen asleep on the sofa after another paracetomol, with her hand stuck inside one of those beer cooling sleeves, which is in a bowl of water, def worth a pic, but it seems cruel....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now