Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chickenpox and Mouth ulcers

(3 Posts)
Piggychunk Thu 14-Jul-11 11:12:57

My ds aged 3.8 started crying on friday said his mouth hurt, we saw the dentist on monday and there was no problem with his teeth. Come Monday evening he came out in chicken pox and now looks like his has 2 mouth ulcers ( I think they are , they are red with a white spot)
Are they linked at all and do you think its normal to get the mouth ulcer first before the pox.

Thanks in advance

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Thu 14-Jul-11 11:19:23

You can have CP inside first.
It is probably not mouth ulcers but blisters from the pox. He might refuse to eat for a while (blisters going down the throat is very sore). Ice cream made DD1 feel better wink

DD1 and I had them everywhere (and I do mean everywhere).

Hope he gets better soon.

Piggychunk Thu 14-Jul-11 15:06:34

I'm suprised of the delay in having one in mouth and 3 days later some on skin but it could happen I suppose.

Bless him he is covered and his private parts are really covered

Already had some ice cream today I had some too even though I haven't got any spots , it just looked so yummy

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: