Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Asthma - spacers and storage

(4 Posts)
CeliaFate Wed 13-Jul-11 19:09:40

How do you store your child's asthma spacer? I find them bulky and cumbersome. We keep ds' in a fabric lunch box that he carries around with him when we go out. I was just wondering if there was an alternative. The spacer he uses has teddy bears on it too, which isn't ideal for an 8 year old boy who's becoming sensitive to being different from his friends. Dr says that's the correct size for him though and there's no alternatives. Anybody got any ideas on how to pimp his spacer? grin

skydance Wed 13-Jul-11 19:32:14

My eldest son has had this spacer since he was 3 years old, and this is the one that most of his class mates have now as well.
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/aerochamber-plus-device-standard_1_157034.html

As for storage, it's usually just in my handbag, but if he's going to a friends house then he has a big pencil case with a handle that he carries it in, or how about a small rucksack? I think it is more difficult with boys, as nobody would think anything of a girl with a little handbag.

skydance Wed 13-Jul-11 19:33:08

www.chemistdirect.co.uk/aerochamber-plus-device-standard_1_157034.html

sorry blush

Sirzy Wed 13-Jul-11 19:54:47

Can you not cover the spacer in stickers or something? DS has the same one but its not an issue to him yet as he is only 20 months.

I can't say we have had issues with the spacer when out and about - we did when he had the bigger volumatic one though!!

I keep one spacer and inhalers in the handy draw string bag our dentist gave us at the last check up in his day to day bag, another in the boot of the car in the same type of bag. One stays at nursery (with the bigger spacer!) and then his day to day one in his bedroom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now