Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

My first aid pack in the car let me down this morning. What is a must to have in it?

(12 Posts)
TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 09:46:24

All suggestions appreciated, thank you.

Paschaelina Wed 13-Jul-11 09:52:27

Going by DH's multiple wasp stings yesterday when they disturbed a nest hmm I would have to say Piriton.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 10:21:22

Wouldn't have thought of that so thank you.

VivaLeBeaver Wed 13-Jul-11 10:26:10

One of those little fold up, disposable face masks so if you have to do mouth to mouth to someone covered in blood, vomit, etc its a bit better for you.

Malvapoeding Wed 13-Jul-11 10:26:34

I keep - plasters, stretchy bandages, safety pins, arnica cream, savlon spray, small bottle of water, piriton, calpol and nurofen sachets, micropore tape, scissors, a roll of clingfilm for burns, emergency foil blanket and a few oterh things I can't remember why they are even in there!

What did you discover you were missing?

TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 10:45:23

I needed something for a wasp sting as I treated DS at home before we left but he said it felt worse as we got nearer school. Would a fleece blanket work as well in place of the foil blanket?

Thanks everyone for all these. I have a full first aid box at home with duplicates so won't have to buy all of Boots!

Malvapoeding Wed 13-Jul-11 10:48:27

Yup a fleece would be just as good - I only have a foil one because I had one spare and it is folded up tiny.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 10:54:36

Okay, I have a few fleece blankets so will use one of those. Thanks smile.

scrappydappydoo Wed 13-Jul-11 11:03:11

Spare money/change. I had one of those moments yesterday where I was 5/6 miles away from home - fuel tank milage thingy was showing 0 miles of fuel left. Pulled into petrol station - you guessed it left my purse at home - thankfully a v. v. nice man gave me £5 and we just got home but now I'm carrying a spare £10 and some loose change in case of similiar emergency.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 17:03:42

Good idea. I keep change for parking but it is easy to go out without money.

AMumInScotland Wed 13-Jul-11 17:24:32

Wipes for cleaning up cuts and grazes - you can get special alcohol-free ones for that, so they don't nip.

TheOriginalFAB Wed 13-Jul-11 17:33:38

Have used the last one today so thanks for the reminder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now