Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sickness bug going round pre-school, would you still take your dc?

(7 Posts)
LonelyLinda Wed 13-Jul-11 07:38:33

or would you keep them at home? It is such a worry, I dropped them off yesterday and one of the mums told me there was a sickness bug going round (mine only go a couple of days) so I felt bad for having left them yesterday, should I have picked them back up? And should I take them today?

Would rather not take them today than them catch it but if they were going to then wouldn't they have caught it yesterday?

LookAtMe Wed 13-Jul-11 07:41:04

If you think you can keep your child off school every time there is a bug going round your children would never be there

Are you emetophibic?

WynkenBlynkenandNod Wed 13-Jul-11 07:42:23

I think you need to take them. There are always bugs going round and if you keep them off everytime they will never be there. I'm afraid they are I'll a lot when they start but they gradually build up immunity and things improve. When sick keep off for 48 hours, until then send.

Sirzy Wed 13-Jul-11 07:43:32

You can't wrap them up in cotton wool and avoid everything.

LonelyLinda Wed 13-Jul-11 07:52:24

No not emetophic just over the top worrier of children being ill I think. You're right I can't keep them off everytime there is something going round or they would never be there.

thank you.

Meglet Wed 13-Jul-11 08:03:32

Just send them. Our nursery has something going round most months but my 2 don't catch them very often. Its a PITA when they do, but it builds resistance.

trixymalixy Wed 13-Jul-11 08:13:55

One of the advantages of sending kids to nursery/ pre- school is that they get the bugs then rather than when they are at school and build up immunity.

If you kept them off every time there's a bug going round you would never be there!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now