Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

phenergan side effects

(5 Posts)
yogabonkers Tue 12-Jul-11 08:52:31

my 5 year old has had 10 ml of phenergan at bedtime for the last 4 nights to help him sleep.

could this have made him hyperactive and given him diarrhea yesterday?

Lianneroll Tue 12-Jul-11 12:28:21

isnt phenergan banned these days?
i heard u wasnt allowed to give it to children anymore!!!

kindlekid Tue 12-Jul-11 15:06:09

We gave Phenergan to dd1 when she was having a bad flare up of eczema. (on GP's advice) It was supposed to help her sleep but it did the exact opposite and she found it almost impossible to wind down and fall asleep.

I think several of the supposedly drowsy anti-histamines can have the opposite effect of some child.

No experience with the diahorrea though.

griffalo2 Tue 12-Jul-11 22:12:35

Been prescribed this by doctor as a seditive,up to 25 ml I think.we dont get the hyperactivity but have read many times it can cause this,i think it in the side effects list.unsure about diahorrea though

olivo Fri 15-Jul-11 20:41:17

we have this for DD1, prescribed as a sedative. if we dont give her the full dose, it can have the opposite effect. she also gets sloppy very smelly poos from it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now