Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bent toes

(6 Posts)
BoojaBooja Mon 11-Jul-11 21:04:10

DD's 3 and has always had bent toes. It looks as though she's been wearing shoes that are too small, but she hasn't. I take her for new shoes at Clarks every couple of months (excessive, I know, but I'm worried about her toes) and she's always barefoot at home.

Does anyone know what the cause of this could be, please? I took her to the GP, but he just dismissed it.

Thanks. smile

BoojaBooja Mon 11-Jul-11 22:03:37

Tiggles Mon 11-Jul-11 23:40:54

DH has toes like that, DS1 has 1 toe like that. Not sure that is any help, but it doesn't appear to bother either of them.

dontwotzme Mon 11-Jul-11 23:59:07

dd2 had curly toes on each foot (the two next to the big toe crossed). She and I used to call them kissing toes (she liked the name better) I can't remember the exact age, but by around 10 yrs old they just sorted themselves out. They didn't cause her any problems so we never worried.

DeWe Tue 12-Jul-11 09:17:07

I have that. It's genetic in my case. I think dd1's got it too.

madmomma Sat 16-Jul-11 20:43:47

sounds like hammer toes. Genetic. we've had them for generations. The only problem they cause me is that I can't wear cheap shoes. Have to go to Kurt Geiger because they have more depth in the toe area. They used to operate on them years ago, but they don't now I don't think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now