Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Constant and often green poo in bf 6mo - should I worry?

(5 Posts)
stillfrazzled Mon 11-Jul-11 09:50:01

DS2 has mostly been a once or twice a day baby, but for the last five days has been pooing CONSTANTLY - three nappies in an hour at one point.

It's quite often a little dab, but also often an alarming shade of bright green that looks like pondslime. Gave him a vicious rash which is now, thankfully, much better.

He is still very cheerful and sleeping and feeding as normal. Dr said he might have a minor bug but didn't seem to be too worried.

I am, though, because he was prem and tiny and still isn't on the weight charts so I don't want him to lose any more ground.

Has anyone else had this or got any advice?

PeggyCarter Mon 11-Jul-11 09:59:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stillfrazzled Mon 11-Jul-11 10:05:21

Fair point, he's been chewing his hands a lot and dribbling. Would that make him poo all the time, as well as alarming colours? Don't remember this with DS1!

PeggyCarter Mon 11-Jul-11 10:08:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

stillfrazzled Mon 11-Jul-11 10:19:19

I do seem to remember gross nappies with DS1, I suppose I worry more, what with DS2's tininess and everything.

Not sure what to do now. Dr said to hold off weaning till stomach settles, but if it's only teething then that could be weeks. Spose I'd better take him back for another check-up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now