Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How do I get out a stone splinter?

(2 Posts)
neolara Mon 11-Jul-11 09:31:54

My toddler over in the playground this morning. I've just got home and washed it and she looks like she has a little stone embedded in her elbow. It's stuck in like a splinter and it's not coming out easily. What's the best way to get it out? Or should I just wait and see what happens?

poptartpoptart Mon 11-Jul-11 11:44:34

You could try some magnesium sulphate paste - you can buy it over the counter in the pharmacy. It's a drawing agent so it will draw the offending item right up to the surface of the skin and enable you to gently remove it with sterilised tweezers or similar. I have used it many times to get splinters out. Slather it on the affected area and cover loosely with a plaster overnight. If necessary reapply in the morning but it should work overnight. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now