Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please help me not freak out - teenage dd and ?mole that's just started bleeding.

(3 Posts)
Northernlurker Sat 09-Jul-11 19:53:31

Dd1 is 13 and I noticed a ?mole?skin tag?scab on her arm a few days ago that looked slightly raised. It is very small 1 or 2mm - and it's on her forearm.
Now today she has come in to the kitchen saying it's started bleeding. It now just looks like a scab that's been knocked off.
Obviously I will ring up the GP on Monday but can somebody say anything helpful now. Feel slightly sick tbh.

DeWe Sat 09-Jul-11 20:04:51

Dd1 had a sudden bleed from what looked like a mole for no apparent reason, and it bled a lot. A couple of months later I noticed it had come up in a huge spot like a cross between one of those raised birthmarks and a blood blister.
I took her to the Dr. in a fine panic, and he I can't remember what he called it, but it's basically a blood vessel gone a bit overactive. He's going to freeze it off shortly because she's knocked it a few times and it bleeds lots, but otherwise he'd have happily left it.
He's a very experienced GP and I've always found he knows his stuff, so I don't expect there to be anything out of the ordinary for it.
Hth.

Northernlurker Sat 09-Jul-11 20:06:33

Oh thanks so much - yes that helps. THat's exactly what I needed to read grin

Why is being a parent so gut wrenchingly scary sometimes? hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now