Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Flucloxacillin

(3 Posts)
K8T Fri 08-Jul-11 14:38:40

I am having a nightmare trying to get my baby to take this. I called the pharmasist and was made to feel like a useless Mother but it tastes truly disgusting. I don;t know why they think it's better to force a revolting medicine down a child than make one that tastes nice even if it does have some sugar in it. I feel awful forcing her to swallow it and have no idea how much she is taking as she spits so much of it out.

sneezecakesmum Fri 08-Jul-11 14:45:22

If you think sweetening it would help theres no reason mixing it with jam or whatever would do any harm. The syringeful in the cheek hold mouth closed usually works. last resort is ask GP for an alternative antibiotic. Youre right though, its tastes vile.

Bubbabug Fri 08-Jul-11 16:48:41

My son takes Flucloxacillin daily. There are two kinds. A white one which is sugar free and tastes awful and leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth- my son hates this one. Or a pink one which contains sugar- he take this one much easier. It still tastes nasty but some of the bitterness is disguised. We always request the pink one!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now