Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3rd day of raised temp

(4 Posts)
LonelyLinda Thu 07-Jul-11 10:23:46

DD had a raised temp for 3 days, I took her to a doc on day 2 as she is prone to tonsilitis, the dr said just a virus nothing to worry about. DS is now on day 3 of raised temp, haven't taken him to doc as just suspect that it's the same virus.

Is it on day 4 of a raised temp that it is likely to be an infection and then you should take to the doc? If so then if the temp isn't back to normal tomorrow I could make him an appt in the morning.

schilke Thu 07-Jul-11 10:45:12

Is he complaining about anything in particular? Ear ache? Sore throat? I'd look at how he is in general. If just a bit under the weather generally I wouldn't take him.

Dd1 (7) has just had about a week of a raised temp (39c), but I didn't take her as I assumed it was a virus - headache, vague sore throat etc.. The temp has now returned to normal, although she still has a slight headache.

winnybella Thu 07-Jul-11 10:47:08

Dc's paediatritian says to call to make an appointment when fever persists for over 5 days.

LonelyLinda Thu 07-Jul-11 11:29:48

Great thank you, no not complaining about anything, other than a little more tired and less appetite no symptoms other than temp.

Hopefully temp will be back to normal tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now