Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cystitis in 2 year old girl?

(4 Posts)
jambomum Wed 06-Jul-11 21:50:07

DD said tonight that her bottom was sore. I put sudocream on after bath, but before bed (an hour later), she complained again. I took her nappy off and she pointed to her 'front bottom'. It didn't look spotty or particularly red or swollen. I've put a bit of sudocream round the edges.
Anyone any ideas if a 2yo can get cystitis? Or what else could it be?
She's not got fever or any other symptoms.
Has started asking to go on the potty this week, so maybe she's just increasingly aware of things happening down there??!!
Any views????
Thanks

altmum Thu 07-Jul-11 10:52:30

Hi there,
Young kids can get urinary infections. If they get it repeatedly the need to be followed up as it can lead to other problems. Did this jusy start last night? If she complains again I would ask your GP if she needs a urine sample testing just to find out if it is an infection. Hopefully it will be just a one off and u won't have to do anything. Best wishes

ragged Thu 07-Jul-11 12:58:59

Cystitis hurts a lot when they wee, and they feel like they need to wee all the time (also run high fever usually in little girls); I think it's pretty unmistakable. She could have just thumped her groin area.

EustaciaVye Fri 08-Jul-11 20:10:09

could be worms. keep an eye on the nappy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now