Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help!

(4 Posts)
MissusCT Wed 06-Jul-11 16:51:34

My son is 3.10 and has been ill for the past 3 days.

Symptoms are temperature, completely gone off food, diarrhea, and a cough.

He's sleeping for England atm and when he's awake all he wants to do is have hugs with mummy and daddy. Have Calpol'd him up and this morning he seemed a lot more chirpy and actually had breakfast, but went downhill again around 12ish and is back to laying on the sofa with his duvet. He is however drinking water and juice and repeatedly asks for it so I know his fluid levels are ok.

Could it be something serious? I know it's stupid but he's not a sickly child at all (3-4 colds a year and that's it) so I've not actually had any experience in dealing with him when he's ill and I'm not sure if this could be a normal bug.

I'd take him to the doctor's if they weren't bloody closed this afternoon, I'll be taking him first thing tomorrow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marne Wed 06-Jul-11 16:55:59

Could be a throat infection or chest?, infection causes temp and diarrhea.

Take him to the doc's in the morning, and don't worry, my dd's have had a few similar virus's and infections and have recovered after a couple of days (still worth getting checked out though).

bumbleymummy Wed 06-Jul-11 17:17:05

If he still has the temp tomorrow take him to the GP just to rule out any underlying infection that may need antibs. It could just be a tummy bug. If he's happy enough when he's awake and is eating and drinking then it's usually not serious. Hope he feels better soon.

bumbleymummy Wed 06-Jul-11 17:19:50

Just wanted to clarify that he prob won't eat a lot when he's feeling sick but the fact he's eating anything is good smile Just keep up the fluids. Maybe some fruit juice for calories/energy? Prob not anything orangey though because it's very acidic and might upset his tummy more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now