Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

veruca socks - are they worn these days?

(4 Posts)
sallycinamon Wed 06-Jul-11 07:18:00

dd has a veruca. She is due to have a swimming lesson tomorrow. Do people bother with veruca socks these days? I can't recall seeing any children wearing them at our pool. Using Bazuka on it so there will be a 'protective' layer.
Thanks!

DeWe Wed 06-Jul-11 10:55:11

Yes. You can buy them at the chemists. I'd guess there's about 1-2 a class wearing them a dd2's school during swimming lessons.

thechiropodist Sat 16-Jul-11 10:00:34

I recommend verruca socks only if the child is actually having treatment for the verruca. The virus is common in swimming pools so you won't stop anyone else getting them by wearing socks.

I don't recommend over the counter freezing sprays either because I'm yet to see a patient that has found this treatment effective.

Chris norton
Www.thechiropodist.com

bigTillyMint Sat 16-Jul-11 10:02:21

We used duct tape on warts / verruccas very successfully - you put it on, leave it on for a week then take it off and put a fresh oriece on.

I don't know how it works, but it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now