Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

white eye and squint

(4 Posts)
princessglitter Tue 05-Jul-11 16:45:04

My ds has a squint in one eye - not all the time, but occasionally. It is something that has developed recently in just one eye. I thought it might be a lazy eye, but my childminder mentioned she had noticed it and that he had a white eye reflection in one of his photos (same eye). I don't have many recent photos to compare it with (he is difficult to keep still long enough for a photo!) and am concerned. Should I worry? He has appointment at docs on Thurs.

princessglitter Tue 05-Jul-11 16:53:55

Have tried googling it - but have realised that isn't always the best idea!

princessglitter Tue 05-Jul-11 17:10:36

Also - he is only 19 months. Am wondering if he needs to be seen earlier than Thursday.

cunexttuesonline Tue 05-Jul-11 22:23:49

it sounds like he might be long sighted (like my DS, who was a similar age (20mo) when we spotted it) and so will need an eye test, they will also look to the backsof the eyes etc to see if there areany problems. The white eye reflection in one photo is probably just a light reflection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now