Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

chicken pox or midge bites?

(9 Posts)
nunnie Tue 05-Jul-11 12:08:03

My DD started with a couple of spots yesterday that are very red and lumps but hard on the top. Today she has a few more not many 7 or 8 torso and legs, the same hard red spots. There is one spot that is blistered on the top but only the one.

They aren't bothering her and she is well in herself.

LIZS Tue 05-Jul-11 15:13:48

sounds like cp. She may well have more by tomorrow

peppapighastakenovermylife Tue 05-Jul-11 15:17:44

Do the spots have watery blisters on top?

nunnie Tue 05-Jul-11 15:25:09

Hi, only one has a watery blister, there are a couple that look like they have scabbed over and the rest look like they are still coming through if that makes sense.

brookeslay Tue 05-Jul-11 15:27:30

get some poxycilin just in case and bicarb for bath

peppapighastakenovermylife Tue 05-Jul-11 15:27:51

Some children only get a few spots but usually they are very distinctive. Guess it is a case of watch and wait

nunnie Tue 05-Jul-11 15:41:32

Thank you, I have spoken to nurse and GP as I am pregnant and never had chicken pox, they have said even if it is only one that is blistered it should be treated as chicken pox.

Will get DH to pick up some items on his way home and hoping that DS stays clear.

peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 06-Jul-11 19:48:45

oh dear..any update?

nunnie Fri 08-Jul-11 20:45:28

She came out with a few more but has had a very mild does really and luckily nothing on her face so far.

I had blood tested adn I have antibodies so I must have had it as a child at some point which is a relief.

Thank you everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now