Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS reacted to grass - take to GP or not?

(5 Posts)
wangle99 Mon 04-Jul-11 17:13:57

DS (7) has spent the day with my friend, they are baling in her field and he's been having the time of his life, leave there and he starts scratching his arms, look and he is COVERED in raised spots all over his arm, look at his chest and he has red pin prick spots all over it.

Go to pharmacy she says piriton and also cream for itching. He's had piriton about 30 mins ago but the red pin pricks on his chest are increasing.

Do i need to see GP or as it isn't severe not take him? He's never reacted to anything grass like before but he does have food intolerances (not allergies).

Thank you!

ElbowFan Mon 04-Jul-11 19:44:56

Follow your instinct - if you feel it is getting worse phone the GP surgery (which looking at the time may be their out of hours service) for advice, or contact NHS direct. If you feel the piriton is having no effect and you are really worried go to A&E. If you leave it to see how it goes and it has not subsided in the morning try the GP for advice.
No-one knows your son like you do, and no-one will condemn you for 'making sure'
Chin up ((hug))

sneezecakesmum Mon 04-Jul-11 23:18:13

Unless he is actually unwell, pain, fever, whatever I would see if it settles overnight and see the gp if you are worried in the morning.

ThePathanKhansWoman Mon 04-Jul-11 23:22:38

I do hope your DS is ok, i would keep close eye on him. Just to say i thought

post was about smoking grassblush.

sneezecakesmum Wed 06-Jul-11 22:30:41

We used to get plenty of people coming into A&E TPKS after smoking weed/grass feeling like death warmed up!. Sympathy...yea...!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now