Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Panicking slightly, about possible "White Glow"!

(4 Posts)
BethanRebecca Mon 04-Jul-11 00:09:26

Someone i know has just said to me that i need to get my 15 month DS checked, because in 1 photo she saw of him he had a "white glow" in one of his eyes. I have googled this, and it is said that white glow can mean that there is a cancerous tumour behind the eye...
This photo was taken when he was 4 months old, and i haven't noticed any white glow's in any other pictures.. He also had an eye appointment a couple of months ago, because he has a slight squint, and she didn't pick up anything.
So i'm now slightly panicking, but im not sure whether or not i should be! Should i be really worried!?!

JoyceBarnaby Mon 04-Jul-11 00:29:30

In all honesty, if he had the squint checked out, I think it's very unlikely that something sinister has gone undetected.

I had to get DS checked out after a 'one white eye' photo and I was scared shitless. However, it turned out to be nothing - as the vast majority of such scares are. It's usually the angle of the camera flash or something like that.

Of course, it's still important to get kids checked out so, if I were you, I'd take your DS to the GP to double-check. Obv you're better safe than sorry, but it's almost certainly nothing to worry about x

BethanRebecca Mon 04-Jul-11 00:33:24

Thankyou so much, you've made me feel much better! Thinking rationally, i agree, i'm sure it's nothing, but i will double check with GP! Thankyou!

JoyceBarnaby Mon 04-Jul-11 00:42:30

Glad to help - let me know how you get on! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now