Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Projectile vomiting- help!!!!!!

(3 Posts)
Busywithtwokids Sat 02-Jul-11 21:43:35

My youngest (16m) has always had reflux but we managed to calm it by moving onto special formula etc. Moved onto cows milk 4 months ago and everything was great until last week when he threw unjust after falling asleep. He then projectiled so far across the room it scared me. He's done this more or less every night for two weeks. Help!

Blindcavesalamander Sun 03-Jul-11 07:53:52

Take him to the doctor I think. This sounds alarming. Is he keeping stuff down during the day? I ask because when my cousin was little she had projectile vomiting and her tubes/gut ??? had somehow got twisted. It was an easy op. but an emergency to get it sorted out. If it's been a week perhaps it's not quite so serious or he would be in a really bad state by now, but still, get it checked out as soon as you can. All the best.

Busywithtwokids Sun 03-Jul-11 09:18:33

He seems to have periods when he is fine,and the doctor said that he'd grow out of it eventually but I'm getting through a crazy amount of sheets and bedlinen at the moment. He is fine during the day and iv tried feeding him a long time before bed and keeping him upright after dinner etc but it doesn't make any difference. When he has a cold it is worse and I assumed he was coughing and making himself sick but a few times iv listened and he hasnt coughed at all. Another trip to the doctors I think and this time I'm not leaving until a get an answer! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now