Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD very clammy. Not sure what to do...

(5 Posts)
LeoTheLateBloomer Thu 30-Jun-11 20:53:31

She was quite hot and clammy earlier but I put it down to it being a warm day.

She's just woken up crying which is really unusual for her, and couldn't resettle. I went to her and her head, chest and back are hot and clammy. Her bedroom window is open and the temperature is 18.7. She's wearing her sleep suit and a 1.5 tog grobag.

I've helped her to settle and she's gone back off. I didn't want to disturb her/upset her and my by taking her temperature (have only got and under-the-arm jobby which she hates).

If she wakes up again and she's still hot, what is the best thing to do?

(She's showing no signs of teething)

bubbleymummy Thu 30-Jun-11 21:39:34

How old is she? If she's clammy then her body is trying to cool down for some reason. I would keep an eye on her and check her temp next time she wakes up.

bubbleymummy Thu 30-Jun-11 21:49:25

I'm actually going to go back on that a bit. Clammy skin can just be from being too warm or if you have a fever but it can also be a sign of something more serious. If you're worried then get her seen. Is she pale or does she look all hot and flushed?

Marne Thu 30-Jun-11 21:52:08

Take of the growbag, it sounds like she's just too hot (to much clothes on her), has she been outside today in the sun or in a stuffy car?

mo3d Thu 30-Jun-11 21:58:50

Hope she's ok. I'd take the grow bag off too.

If you can, get a thermometer that you put in their ear. It's less invasive and I think it takes their temp quicker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now