Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this a measles rash from MMR jab?

(3 Posts)
farkly Thu 30-Jun-11 07:30:00

DD had her MMR jab just over 3 weeks ago, and 2 days ago a rash appeared on her shoulders, a little bit on her chest and now I've noticed it on the back of her neck too. It looks a bit like a heat rash and I think is itchy. Definitely not chicken pox. She has no temperature although was a little warm yesterday (37.8) and well in herself.
Do I assume it's the MMR jab or do I need to keep her away from playgroup/take her to the doctor?
thanks

Laurale31 Thu 30-Jun-11 13:50:55

This happened to my dd after her mmr jag, I remember being worried but I googled it and found that most kids have the same thing a few weeks after, if ur still worried I'd phone health visitor x

farkly Thu 30-Jun-11 13:58:00

not really that worried to be honest because she seems absolutely fine and temp fine today (fingers crossed it stays that way). I suspect it is from the MMR and if not, & I took her to doctors they would probably say the usual 'it's a virus' smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now