Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Glandular fever in 6YO? Surely not.

(6 Posts)
MonkeyJungleConga Tue 28-Jun-11 17:16:26

GP thinks DD may have glandular fever as she's had sore throat (no sign of infection / pus tho), temperature, glands up and very very tired for 6 days now. i thought it was only a teenage thing.

Anyone else's child had this at such a young age? If so what were your experiences?

MonkeyJungleConga Tue 28-Jun-11 19:48:39

bump

Sirzy Tue 28-Jun-11 19:55:39

It is possible. There was a thread on here not long back about a 4 year old with GF.

Has the GP ordered blood tests to find out?

MonkeyJungleConga Tue 28-Jun-11 20:02:26

Not yet. GP reckons that it could be due to enlarged glands, the fact that she's so exhausted by it and that there's no infection on the tonsils but they are enlarged and her throat is sore. If no improvement with antibiotics then it's off for a blood test.

scaredykatt Tue 28-Jun-11 20:32:38

Has GP done throat swab? It could be strep, even without tonsils looking infected.

PandaNot Tue 28-Jun-11 20:54:12

I know an 8 year old that had it and a 9 year old. It is very very infectious so could get it easily I would have thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now