Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby holds breath when asleep?

(7 Posts)
FuzzyWuzzyWuz Tue 28-Jun-11 07:49:52

DD has had to go in her own room at 12 weeks as she's outgrown her Moses basket & there's no room for her cot in our room.

She went in on Friday and since then her movement alarm has been going off about 3 times a night after 1230am ish. We dash into room and she seems ok, alarm resets itself.

We thought maybe mattress was too thick but I stayed in room with her for a bit last night after alarm went off & it seems to be able to pick her up even if she's breathing really gently. Didn't manage to catch her setting it off though, so not sure what's happening.

Anyone else experience this??

FuzzyWuzzyWuz Tue 28-Jun-11 10:21:39

Bump

Samvet Tue 28-Jun-11 10:25:44

Depends on type of breathing monitor but you can adjust the sensitivity on some, yours may be too sensitive to lack of movement?

Samvet Tue 28-Jun-11 10:27:04

My angelcare has a dial on the back. But guess depends if she really is stopping breathing or the alarm is oversensitive. Check up with GP incase?

RitaMorgan Tue 28-Jun-11 10:28:44

One of the reasons you are supposed to have the baby in your room is that the sound of you breathing/moving in your sleep stimulates the baby to keep breathing and not fall too deeply asleep.

FuzzyWuzzyWuz Tue 28-Jun-11 13:00:16

Thanks for replies. We went to GP today and she is going to write to paediatrician for advice. I plan to sleep in DD's room tonight to see if I can spot what's happening. Monitor doesn't have sensitivity adjustment, it's a Tomy.

sneezecakesmum Tue 28-Jun-11 22:47:33

I suppose you could set up an internal cctv night vision camera to run all night and record DDs movements, apnea etc. Can't imagine for one moment you will be able to watch her like a hawk for 8-10 hours. I would be nodding off in 5 minutes! Can understand your anxiety though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now