Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Adenoids taken out in children - anyone have any experience?

(3 Posts)
fraggle73 Mon 27-Jun-11 22:28:54

My ds who is 3 is having his adenoids taken out next week. I am so worried about it, but I know that it should help his sleeping in the long run. I would love to hear any experiences

TheSecondComing Mon 27-Jun-11 23:53:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

forbes Tue 28-Jun-11 09:20:16

Hello, My DD is due to have tonsills and adenoid out, plus grommits in this friday. Her brother had the same so I can vouch for how much it improves their quality of life. It is scary though whenever one of your babies has to have any operation, no matter how minor. As other poster said, everything improves, eating, sleeping and hearing. They bounce back really really quickly, in fact with just the adenoid out I don't expect you'll find any after effects at all. good luck and be brave - I know I shall be a mess on Friday, but i'll just keep reminding myself that it's for the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now