Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD2 has chicken pox, should I keep DD1 home from Nursery?

(5 Posts)
SlightlyFrazzled Sun 26-Jun-11 21:32:16

DD2 (6 mths poor soul) has chicken pox, the first spots appeared on Thursday. DD2 is showing no symptoms yet (but I know she's going to get it in the next couple of weeks). Should I keep DD2 home from nursery?

Sorry if this is a stoopid question!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 26-Jun-11 21:34:02

no I wouldnt, it could be 2-3 weeks or she may not get it at all. If in around 10 days or so she starts to get really grumpy and coldy then she is probably coming down with it and you could keep her off then.

Imnotaslimjim Sun 26-Jun-11 21:37:25

No, I wouldn't, as you don't know if they have it or not so its pointless. Otherwise kids would never go to school

Hope the little gets over it quickly

SlightlyFrazzled Sun 26-Jun-11 21:46:39

Thanks for your replies folks smile

Poor thing is doing ok, off her food but plenty of chub to keep her going. She's cutting her incisors at the same time so not sure what's worse!

meditrina Sun 26-Jun-11 21:49:27

No. There is no requirement to quarantine asymptomatic contacts of those with chicken pox.

And if you did decide to do it anyway, then there would be no point unless you did it properly - that would mean 21 days from the day DD ceased to be infectious (ie the day her final spot dries and crusts - could be a good week). So that would mean approaching a full month of full isolation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now