Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken Pox and Siblings Question.

(3 Posts)
SoloIsAHotCougar Sat 25-Jun-11 16:38:05

Dd (4.6) got up this morning covered in spots and with blisters on some of them. Ds is nearly 13 and had them at the same age Dd is now, so shouldn't get it from her, however! after speaking to my Mum this morning, she seems to think that Ds could spread it around (and therefore I could too).
Does anyone know what the facts are about this possibility please? could Ds be spreading the virus around to his friends (as I type) and should I be thinking of keeping him off school too (Heaven help me!!!)?

Seona1973 Sat 25-Jun-11 17:44:20

I dont think you can spread it if you are not infected with it yourself and if he and you have had it before then neither of you should get it again. I would send your Ds to school as usual.

SoloIsAHotCougar Sat 25-Jun-11 17:50:42

Oooh! an answer! thank you Seona.
Yes, I think so too. The thing that made me question it was that when I was pg with Dd, a woman in the offices Ds has chicken pox and they moved me out of the office so that I (baby) wasn't infected. I know that it can do damage to unborn babies, but I thought it was directly from those with the spots/blisters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now