Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is there a virus going around like this?

(11 Posts)
Marne Thu 23-Jun-11 09:49:25

Dd1 complained of a head ache and tummy ache yesterday and has it again today, i have kept her home from school but she's happily playing on the pc and chatting, i thought she might be making it up but she does have a temp (not sure how high becauses i cant find the thomomiter (sp)). I think her glands might be up, she finds it hard to explain how she feels (due to having Aspergers) so was thinking the head ache might be the glands, she can't pin point where her tummy hurts. Has anyone elses dc had anything similar?

We are off on holiday in a few days so really dont want a outbreak of anything nasty sad.

clayre Thu 23-Jun-11 09:53:15

2 weeks ago my ds had the headache and sore tummy thing and ot sent home from school, last week dd had it and when i went to pick her up from school the nurses room was going like a fair with children with the same thing and the nurse told me she had been run off her feet all week with children with a headache and tummy ache!

Marne Thu 23-Jun-11 09:56:56

Did it last long clayre? or is it just a 24 hour thing? She doesn't seem very ill appart from when we were outside school and both were hurting, i have given her calpol and she seems ok (just a bit warm). She has had a stressful week visiting her new school, sports day and now is stressing about going on holiday.

inneedofchocolate Thu 23-Jun-11 10:02:07

My DS had it a few weeks ago, really high temp and a headache (which he has never had before). He got really upset and asked that because he's had one headache will he get them all the time now.....he probably hears me moan that I have one all the time! The whole illness lasted less than 48 hours so try not to worry and just give her paracetamol.

Marne Thu 23-Jun-11 10:05:39

Thank you, i will keep her home tomorrow so she can rest (then hopfully she will be ok for our holiday). She quite often gets head aches, i didn't think children really got head aches but she seems to a lot sad.

clayre Thu 23-Jun-11 12:25:22

Ds lasted about 3 days but dd lasted only lasted 24 hours, they were both fine with calpol but you knew when they were needing the next dose.

CharlieBoo Thu 23-Jun-11 12:29:16

My 6 year old ds had exactly this at the weekend. Really high temp, headache and the shivers! The next day he was fine. Hope your dd recovers quickly.

DuchessEm Thu 23-Jun-11 12:33:44

My DD has been complaining of this for the past few days. I thought it was because she was just getting over the chicken pox from last week and that may be she was a bit run down still, but like your DD she is playing happily, then says it really hurts. She's not one to complain normally, so it must be hurting her. It seems to be hurting more after eating (her appetite is less at the minute, too) and when she needs the loo. And thinking about it she did say she had a headache yesterday, but I thought she was just copying me as I had one the day before! blush DS did throw up on Tuesday, but came down with chicken pox fairly quickly after, so I think that was why he was sick! (See why I had a headache?!) grin We, too, are supposed to be going on holiday this Saturday, but it isn't looking very likely at the minute! sad

I hope that your DD gets better soon!

frasersmummy Thu 23-Jun-11 12:39:13

my ds had 48 hours earlier in this week of my head hurts, my tummy hurts, I am dizzy and his temperature was 38/39
Calpol and nurofen kept the symptoms at bay so he went from from miserable to fine and back again quite quickly

I have just come down with it now ..

Marne Thu 23-Jun-11 22:05:04

Thanks, she seems much better this evening so hopfully she can go to school tomorrow, she's eating (hasn't stopped all day) and her temp has come down. Fingers crossed we are over the worst.

DuchessEm Thu 23-Jun-11 22:11:08

Glad she's feeling better! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now