Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Body odour on a 7 year old and deodarant ...

(4 Posts)
Tups Wed 22-Jun-11 21:28:06

Hello,
Putting our 7 year old daughter to bed this evening I noticed that both of her armpits were smelling. I asked her about it and had a talk about washing and hygiene etc (which she is good at); she told me that she gets it quite a lot but to be honest, I have never noticed it.
I don't want to be paranoid and take her to the Doctors, was thinking of calling the school nurse for advice.
I think she may be a little young for deodarant and there are so many chemicals in them I don't want to damage her beautiful skin.
Has anyone else had this and what did you do?
Any advic gratefully received.
Thankyou
x

Tups Wed 22-Jun-11 21:28:18

advice

acsec Wed 22-Jun-11 21:35:46

I was using deo at 7 - my mum used to get me Lahana scented one from Avon, made me feel very grown up.

I can understand your concerns over chemicals, but there are lots without these days and Lush do some natural mineral ones. I used to find it quite embarrasing that I had body odour when my classmates didn't but I wasn't embarrassed about using deo.

Don't know if this is of any help?!

Tups Wed 22-Jun-11 21:37:45

Thankyou, yes a big help. Our daughter is not embarressed at the moment, she thinks it's quite funny!
I will have a look around for some chemical free ones and let her choose. Many thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now