Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

How best to treat cradle cap?

(6 Posts)
TickleToe Wed 22-Jun-11 14:13:30

My 4 month old has cradle cap, not really bad, but its there, and he hardly has any hair so its quite visible. I bath him every other night and put a bit of johnsons baby oil in his bath and wash his hair. It usually looks a bit better after his bath, but if I bath him more often I think it gets worse generally. Is there anything else I can do? Are there any products that work? Or anything else I can do?

TotalChaos Wed 22-Jun-11 16:44:36

have you tried leaving the oil on his scalp overnight?

dippywhentired Wed 22-Jun-11 16:46:00

We used to put jojoba oil on and it really helped to lift it off.

Deux Wed 22-Jun-11 16:49:07

With my DS I used to rub his scalp with olive oil about half an hour before the bath. Then used a soft baby brush and it removed a lot of the flakes. Gentle wash in the bath and more would come off.

Seemed to work.

EndangeredSpecies Wed 22-Jun-11 16:51:10

almond oil, it takes a bit of persistence. AS others suggest leave on for half an hour then give bath. I've eradicated DD's now (also 4 mths), it took about two or three weeks.

TickleToe Wed 22-Jun-11 18:36:35

Oh that's great thank you! Think I will try the olive oil half an hour before his bath. I do try and brush his hair backwards to remove flaky bits. The bit of hair he has is more prominent then which is also a bonus! Thanks for all the advice, really useful. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now