Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Issues with DD taking medication

(3 Posts)
Kaz62 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:36:32

My DD seems to have big problems taking calpol, thankfully she has been in good health so this has not been an issue. On the occasions i have tried to give it to her if I give it slowly she spits it out and if it is too quick she projectile vomits, any advise would greatly recieved as she was clearly in pain last night and could not do anything about it. DD is 7 months old thanks.

niccibabe Wed 22-Jun-11 17:10:44

Try ibuprofen - you only need to get 2.5ml into her, so that makes it easier. A small syringe was useful at that age, you can deliver small amounts of liquid to the back of the mouth where it is harder to spit out. Ask in the pharmacy if they do different flavours, it may be the strawberry that she doesn't like. Also the cheap versions of both paracetamol and ibuprofen are white, not bright pink, so she may be less tuned in to rejecting it. Apologies if you've tried all these already.

Kaz62 Wed 22-Jun-11 19:26:03

I will try those things, thank you for the tips I will try those things, at least with the pail stuff if it does go all over the carpet it won't be so obvious!! Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now