Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

baby injections

(5 Posts)
ChloesYummyMummy Wed 22-Jun-11 08:27:35

Hi, my little girl has her first injections today. i am quite worried about them... just wondering what other peoples babies where like after their injection? grizzly? temperature?

Thanks x

kreecherlivesupstairs Wed 22-Jun-11 08:31:30

DD had four at birth, I was knocked out by a GA so I couldn't comment.
When she came up for her next set, I gave her calpol before IIRC. She wasn't bothered or didn't appear bothered.
I was never happy to take her [pfb] but know she needed them.

winnybella Wed 22-Jun-11 08:34:34

Temperature is a fairly common reaction, although I don't recall my dcs having it. Otoh DD had diarrhoea after them for about a week, apparently that can be a rare reaction to DTP.

In any case it shouldn't be anything that some Calpol and cuddles won't fix.

DeWe Wed 22-Jun-11 09:23:16

Mine were all different. Dd1 cried for about 2 minutes afterwards and no other reaction. Dd2 has a brief high temperature but was fine within 24 hours. Ds had a high temperature and went very unresponsive for about 3-4 days. I remember particularly he didn't smile for that length of time, and he was a very smiley baby. Shortly afterwards he had his first ear infection, and then had them pretty continuously until he had the first set of grommets at 20 months. I always wonder whether there was a connection.

ChloesYummyMummy Thu 23-Jun-11 17:01:08

Thanks for your replies girls smile it all went ok. No temp just a little grumpy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now