Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Green poo with blood in 4 month old

(3 Posts)
charitymum Mon 20-Jun-11 22:58:05

Anybody any experience of this? DS had this last week and intermittently since. He's seeing paediatrician on Weds. Seems bit more sicky and demanding than normal and loads of dribble with full on teething but no major pain and is active and happy. He was turning over lots last week but has stopped this week which is strange but guessing not related.

He is combination fed and is gaining weight bang on targets.

Trying not to worry but blood never good to see.

Chipotle Mon 20-Jun-11 23:02:26

My DS used to occasionally have bloody mucus (not enormous quantities, but as you say any blood is scary). His poo was also frothy, literally bubbles!
My GP was unconcerned, he said the blood was as a result of straining and the frothy poo was a 'phase' although we first had to rule out allergies. It did pass eventually but not until he started solids.

Kione Tue 21-Jun-11 16:40:33

I would talk to the Health Visitor as soon as possible. If its nothing, she will put your mind at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now