Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Missing Milk Teeth

(8 Posts)
Tw1nkle Mon 20-Jun-11 08:58:21

Hiya,
It seems my DD (2.7) has 2 missing milk teeth. The dental hospital say she will never get hese teeth, and there is a possibility that more of the 'adult' teeth will be missing too.

Has anyone's little ones also had this, and what was done about it long-term?

Thank you!

CoffeeGoneColdAgain Mon 20-Jun-11 16:55:20

Hiya Tw1nkle, I had missing milk teeth 3rd in on bottom, Didn't get them through when my adult teeth came through. have a smallish gap between second and fourth but not huge!

5GoMadOnAZ650 Mon 20-Jun-11 16:58:21

Me too! I'm missing the tooth next to my left incisor, my grandad has had the same tooth missing too as does my dd2.

Tw1nkle Mon 20-Jun-11 18:31:29

I have been told it is herediatory, but no-one else in our family has it?!?!?

Did you have your gap close with braces?

5GoMadOnAZ650 Mon 20-Jun-11 19:12:30

Even though I'm one tooth down my teeth still didn't fitin my mouth so I had another removed and then a removable brace which quite honestly was a pointless waste of time as I still have very wonky teeth albeit without gaps.

divingworldchampion Mon 20-Jun-11 19:38:55

I have two teeth missing (milk and adult), the ones next to my front teeth. When I was a teenager I had a brace to bring forward my canines, then had them filed down. My teeth are one of my best features even if I say so myself! My mum and grandfather are the same.

5GoMadOnAZ650 Mon 20-Jun-11 19:40:32

That's the same tooth I'm missing, perhaps it's more common than I'd have thought smile

Tw1nkle Mon 20-Jun-11 19:43:28

My DD has the two either side of her top middle 2 missing.
I'm hoping that it'll be the same when her adult teeth come through, and that no others will also be missing!

It sounds like she'll maybe have a brace then, to close the gap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now