Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Molluscum contagious - how long did your child's last?

(9 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Sun 19-Jun-11 17:39:19

My friend's little boy has just got his and her gp's said they could last up to five years! Ours were gone within 6-9 months and roughly six months ( although it took cm to mention they'd gone before I did ). Just wanting to canvass opinion on how long is standard.

ivykaty44 Sun 19-Jun-11 17:40:01

dd2 had it for around 2 years

OwlMother Sun 19-Jun-11 17:43:36

About 18months, and each of my three dc got it when the other was just about finished so it seemed like it went on for ages. Youngest ds
had them the shortest at about a year.

A friend who is a gp said 18months is around average.

katkitya Sun 19-Jun-11 17:48:50

Is it more common now? Id never noticed it before. My dn scratches terribley with it. Is there anything that can be put on it?

TrinityIsAShreddingFatRhino Sun 19-Jun-11 17:52:08

dd2 had hers for just over 2 years

until she had it I had never heard of it or seen it on anyone ever

Marrow Mon 20-Jun-11 00:05:43

DD's has just finally gone after 18 months. We have been so careful to make sure that she didn't pass it on to six month old DS but just noticed one on him today sad

EustaciaVye Tue 21-Jun-11 14:02:30

2 years. sad

grumpypants Tue 21-Jun-11 14:03:51

elizabeth arden eight hour cream - worked for mine.

TheGoddessBlossom Tue 21-Jun-11 14:05:28

Lasted until I put a silver particle spray on it and got DS to drink elderberry extract mixed with water. All natural remedies, bought from a website, cleared all the spots up within 2 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now