Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Thrush

(8 Posts)
mamalion Sat 18-Jun-11 22:54:53

Hi
I am new to this and have never joined anything like this before, I am hoping someone can help me because I dont seem to be getting any answers anywhere else.
My 11 year old daughter has had thrush for a few weeks she has been using the cream and has been given a course of antibiotics, the problem is her perinium area is constantly cut and will not heal and she is in pain, this is breaking my heart as the only thing i can do is console her but i cant take the pain away, any help woud be so so so so so so gratefully recieved.
Thank you :0(

Seona1973 Sun 19-Jun-11 08:39:27

I would have thought antibiotics would make thrush worse. Is she old enough to take the tablet/use a pessary?

gottasmile Sun 19-Jun-11 08:51:09

My dd has just been through it and I got some great advice on here.

The first was to get her to take zinc (I found a multi vitamin with zinc in it).

The next was to put a little drop of tea tree oil in her bath.

Then cut out yeasty products like bread and cut out, as much as you can, sugar.

Hope that helps, your poor dd, it must be awful for her.

gottasmile Sun 19-Jun-11 09:00:04

And forgot to say probiotics. They can help too.

Pkam Sun 19-Jun-11 20:03:56

Second on the zinc here. My DDs both suffer recurrent thrush, read on here about zinc supplements and since they've been taking them they've been thrush free.

Keeny Mon 20-Jun-11 00:36:59

Your daughters immune system could be low if she's not eating healthily therefore causing infections and/ or candida.

Candida is a yeast that occurs naturally in the human body. Normally it lives in harmony with a variety of other microorganisms and actually performs a couple important functions. The problem occurs when something upsets the balance of bacteria in the body and this allows the yeast organism to proliferate and take over all the healthy microorganisms.
It normally resides in the intestinal tract, mouth, throat and genitals, however it can burrow holes in the intestinal tract, enter the blood stream and then make it's way into any organ of the body. To make matters worse it emits over 70 different toxins into the body. Some people may even become allergic to the yeast itself. Antibiotics promote yeast infections, including gastrointestinal candida overgrowth.
Most people are unaware that it even exists, because most main stream doctors are uneducated about its impact on our health. People suffering from this condition often go from doctor to doctor for years and are usually told a whole lot of other conditions.

You could take your daughter to A Kineseologist. A kineseologist addresses physiological, mechanical, and psychological mechanisms of the body. They are able to test for over 950 allergies. They can also tell what is wrong with the body, if there are infections, growths, unbalances etc. She will be given remedy drops that she will have to take daily until any infections, growths etc have gone. Kineseologists cost around 80euro. One I know of in Mullingar charges 80euro to attend plus 30euro for any remedies. She uses a combination of homeopathic remedies (could be up to 30 remedies in a bottle, that way they are guaranteed one of the remedies in the bottle will get the matter/ target, thats why their remedies are so dear). The bottle only lasts a month!. You could end up having to re-visit the kineseologist a few times and having to get variousbottles of remedies also. Very expensive.
Alternatively, you could take her to a Homeopath who would take her full medical history and do a case study with her. That could last up to an hour and a half, some homeopaths use classical remedies which mean that they only use 1 or 2 different remedies in the same bottle as they aim to target the matter. Their remedies aren't expensive. The one I go to charges 40euro for the 1st visit, that includes the remedy and then charges less than half that price for any re-visits. I have taken my 2yr old to a homeopath as I found anti-biotics harm the body and make the matter worse internally.
Definately worth looking into, for your daughters sake.

mamalion Thu 23-Jun-11 11:41:01

hi, no she is only 11 and that is too young in my eyes and some of the medical peoples too !!

mamalion Thu 23-Jun-11 11:42:22

Hi thank you all for your help, i will try the zinc and see if that helps !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now