Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

White patch in baby's mouth - thrush?

(4 Posts)
bessie26 Thu 16-Jun-11 13:35:00

I noticed a white bit in DD2s (8wks) mouth today - i think it's just on one side where her back teeth will be, but she wasn't letting me have a very good look!

I'm guessing it could be thrush?
A quick google suggests this isn't awful for her, but isn't good news for my boobs? (ebf)

I was wondering how urgently we should see the Dr? The earliest I can book an appointment for is Monday, but I could try phoning (repeatedly) in the morning to try to get something tomorrow - only trouble is, the phonecalls will need to be made when I should be taking DD1 to a class she really enjoys...

JudysDreamHorse Thu 16-Jun-11 15:20:09

I think it's quite normal for them to have white patches on the sides of their cheeks. When my DD had thrush it was on his tongue as well and really obvious in the end ( I had wondered about white patches as well). It didn't spread to my boobs (ebf as well at the time) but took a little while to clear up in DS.
I think you only need to see the doctor for mouth thrush if it is causing discomfort but it definitely was for my DS - he cried more than usual particularly at night. This leaflet might help. In my very limited experience I don't think it sounds like thrush but if you are worried I would phone the doctor and catch it early.

bessie26 Fri 17-Jun-11 14:01:07

Thanks for your reply judy. The more I read about it, the more I doubt it is thrush & the white patch is the only potential symptom either of us have.

She's seeing the nurse on Tuesday for her jabs, so I'll ask them to look then.

Keeny Mon 20-Jun-11 00:58:07

You should take her to a homeopath to get her checked out. reason being, you take her to a doctor and you could be given anti-biotics that harm the body. A homeopath produces natural remedies. Thrush comes from a form of Candida such as a yeast fungus. You should definately get it checked out and save her health in the long run. Homeopaths aren't usually that expensive. Around 40euro.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now