Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can vomiting be a reaction to MMR booster?

(2 Posts)
clux73 Wed 15-Jun-11 20:39:41

Hello

My 3 year old had her MMR Booster last Wednesday. Today she has been sick twice (once at about 6am but it was just phlegm, and then she threw up all her dinner at bathtime) - but both times has been completely fine 2 minutes afterwards and started rushing around and playing again. I know that reactions to jabs can occur a week later - just wondered if anyone knows if it can cause vomiting. She's slightly warm but doesn't have a real temperature.

Thanks

Marne Wed 15-Jun-11 20:56:06

Dd2 was very poorly the day after MMR so i would say 'yes' it can make them sick, dd2 ended up in hospital as her temp got so high she went floppy sad, she recovered really quickly though and was bouncing about the next day. The doctor at hospital said it was a reaction to the MMR so its not always a week after the jab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now